Summer Curriculum Coordinator- Temporary
EDNW Out of School Care Program
The Edmonton North West Out of School Care Centre located at 11515 127 street is a non-profit provincially accredited program that provides Out of School Care to children ages 5 to 12 years before school, lunchtime and after school care and full day summer programming during the summer months. The Centre is a program of Community Options – A Society for Children and Families that has provided inclusive early learning and care in Edmonton for over 40 years.
We are seeking a Summer Curriculum Coordinator funded by the Canada Summer job grant 2019 to support a number of summer projects in our childcare centre for a projected 10 week period. If you have a passion for working with children, are an independent and motivated individual with an understanding of Childhood Development, we would like to hear from you.
The length of this position will be projected to commence on July 8th and end on or before August 30, 2019. The hours of work may vary Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm ( the length of the shift will be 7 hours per day.)
Closing Date: open until a suitable candidate is found
Location: 11515 127 Street, Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Summer Temporary position (This summer position is funded through the CSJ government grant 2019 and is pending criteria through the grant).
Start date: July 8, 2019
- The ELCE is a natural nurturer, promoting wellbeing and encouraging growth and development in children in addition to respecting each child’s uniqueness and individual needs.
- The Summer Curriculum Coordinator will works as part of a team to care for children in a positive, compassionate, respectful and loving manner.
- Plan and implement a creative, flexible summer program based on children’s interests and needs.
- This position will focus on providing quality care, plan and implement fun summer recreational activities, participate in facility maintenance, plan and deliver snacks, and distribute appropriate materials for children’s use.
- As a team player, you share a passion for providing a high quality of care and services
- This position will maintain communication with appropriate personnel regarding the children and the program.
- The Summer Curriculum Coordinator will be understanding, non-judgmental, and sensitive to all children, families and coworkers and display a sincere attitude of acceptance and respect for all children and their families.
- Program supervision in an environment that meets the children’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for the children.
- Prepare and arrange necessary equipment and materials.
Qualifications: At a minimum, applicants are required to have:
- All applicants must meet eligibility requirements as per the Canada Summer jobs grant 2019.
- This position must have their Childcare Staff Qualification Certificate – Minimum of Child Development Assistant level.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check that are dated within 90 Days of the start date.
- Standard Childcare First Aid and CPR would be an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills with ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Comfortable working with parents and young children.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.