Early Learning & Childcare Educator
Temporary - Full Time
The Edmonton North West Child Care Centre is a non-profit, provincially accredited program that provides inclusive early learning and child care services to children ages 1 to 5 years. The Centre is a program of Community Options – A Society for Children and Families that has provided early learning and care in Edmonton for over 40 years. Our centre is proud to be designated as an Early Learning Childcare Centre, providing wonderful opportunities for supported learning.
We currently have a temporary full time opportunity to fill an Early Learning and Childcare Educator position which may be up to 12 – 18 months. The hours of work from Monday to Friday may vary between 7am and 6 pm with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch. This position will also be required to have availability to work one evening per week as designated by the Childcare Centre until 9pm.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Location: 12823 - 116 Avenue, Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: $19.00 per hour plus wage enhancement (please note this is for Child Development Supervisor level only). The rate of pay could vary if the certification level is less than that of a Child Development Supervisor level.
- The Early Learning & Childcare Educator (ELCE) works as part of a team to care for children in a positive, compassionate and respectful manner.
- The ELCE is a natural nurturer, promoting wellbeing and encouraging growth and development in children.
- This position is responsible for implementing an early learning curriculum.
- As a team player, you share a passion for providing high quality of care and services.
- Benefits will be a condition of employment after 90 days.
- This position will be required to undergo training during the course of employment as follows:
- ASaP training through GRIT
- Hi Mama Software
- Online courses and onsite mentoring for Play, Participation and Possibilities: An Early Learning and Child Care Curriculum Framework for Alberta.
- Brain Story Certification
Qualifications: At a minimum, applicants are required to have:
- Child Care Staff Qualification Certificate – Child Development Supervisor (or at minimum has the Child Development Worker Certification working towards Child Development Supervisor).
- Completion of an Early Learning Child Care diploma.
- Standard Childcare First Aid and CPR – applicant is responsible for this cost and must have this completion within 90 days of hire.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate Intentional Teaching and Planning methods.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check that are dated within 90 Days prior of start date.
- Annual membership to AECEA will be required within 90 days of hire, employee required to cover 50% membership fees annually.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.