Summer Curriculum Coordinator- Temporary
Edmonton Northwest Childcare Centre
The Edmonton North West Child Care Centre is a non-profit, provincially accredited program that provides inclusive early learning and child care services to children ages 1 to 5 years. The Centre is a program of Community Options – A Society for Children and Families that has provided early learning and care in Edmonton for over 40 years.
We are seeking a Summer Curriculum Coordinator funded by Canada Summer Jobs grant 2019, to support a number of summer projects in our childcare centre for a projected 8 week period. If you have a passion for working with children, are an independent and motivated individual with an understanding of Early Childhood Development, we would like to hear from you. This position will be working as a co-worker with the Early Learning Childcare Educators.
The length of this position will be projected to commence on July 2nd, 2019 and end on or before August 23, 2019. The hours of work may vary between Monday to Friday, between 7am and 6pm ( the shift will be 7 hours per day).
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Location: 12823 - 116 Avenue, Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Summer Temporary position (This summer position is funded through the CSJ government grant and is pending criteria through the grant).
Start date: July 2, 2019
- The Early Learning & Childcare Educator (ELCE) works as part of a team to care for children in a positive, compassionate, respectful and loving manner.
- The ELCE is a natural nurturer, promoting wellbeing and encouraging growth and development in children in addition to respecting each child’s uniqueness and individual needs.
- This position will plan and implement a creative, flexible program based on children’s interests and sound theory and practice.
- This position will display a sincere attitude of acceptance and respect for all children and their families and promote the philosophy that all children have the right to be included in all community programs.
- Program supervision in an environment that meets the children’s physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for the children.
- Prepare and arrange necessary equipment and materials.
- Maintain timely communication with appropriate personnel regarding the children and the program.
Qualifications: At a minimum, applicants are required to have:
- All applicants must meet eligibility requirements as per the Canada Summer jobs grant 2019.
- This position will either have or obtain their Childcare Staff Qualification Certificate – Minimum of Child Development Assistant level.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check that are dated within 90 Days of the start date.
- Standard Childcare First Aid and CPR would be an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills with ability to work both independently and as a team player.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.