Speech-Language Pathologist –Part Time or Full Time
Community Options has been a PUF provider of inclusive education solutions focusing on early intervention therapy services in Edmonton for over 40 years. We are searching for part time or full time Speech Language Pathologists. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and make a positive impact in the lives of children in their community program (day-care, preschool, kindergarten) and in the child’s home.
Community Options is pleased to offer a competitive salary and benefits package (for those working a minimum of 21 hours or more), a manageable caseload in addition to paid growth and development opportunities. We encourage a work life balance through a flexible schedule and mentorship for all new graduates!
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Location: Office: 12122 68 Street, Edmonton, Alberta and travel in and around surrounding Edmonton area
Job Type: Part time and/or full time position in addition to 1 temporary position
Start date: Position to commence on August 26, 2019 until June 12th 2020 (for the academic school year.) Position will renew annually commencing on the last five working days of August until mid June of the following year.
- Work in collaboration with a Multi-disciplinary team to create IPP and deliver service
- Consult with Educational Assistants to carry out the program in an inclusive manner via routines and structured activities
- Use standard and non-standard assessment tools/forms to evaluate progress and determine eligibility for funding
- Write reports and referral letters using computer software
- Adapt services to the changing needs of clients and families
- Demonstrate flexibility and co-operation in dealing with change
- Provide in-services/workshops to parents and educational assistants.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, applicants are required to have:
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or equivalent academic training and experience
- Must be a regulated member of the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA)
- Vehicle is mandatory (travel from site to site is reimbursed at $0.50/km)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with clients, families and members of the multi- disciplinary team
- Speech Language Pathology experience is an asset
- Familiar with the inclusive philosophy is an asset
- Current Intervention Record Check and a Criminal Record Check is required for employment (6 months or more recent prior to hire date)
- Must have or obtain Standard Child Care First Aid and CPR within 90 days of hire date
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those deemed qualified for this opportunity will be called for interviews.