Sign up to volunteer
Fill this out and Valda, our Volunteer Coordinator, will get in touch!
Why Have Volunteers?
There are three strong reasons Community Options incorporates volunteers into its programs. First, it helps build organizational strength. That strength comes not only from growing and retaining members and enhancing our programs, but also in the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the community.
Second, you, as member volunteers, have credibility that paid staff or consultants never have. You can discuss peer-to-peer, and you can promote the organization because you believe in it. Volunteering is a personal choice, not your job. Never underestimate the power of peer-to-peer communication.
Third, using volunteers extends the resources of Community Options. Volunteers provide extra hands that enable our organization to do tasks and activities that might not otherwise get done. Volunteers also provide valuable input to governance and visioning for our future. .
Parents of children attending our child care programs are asked to sign up to a fundraising and volunteer commitment. This is essential to funding of those programs and to building our community supports.
What do Volunteers Receive?
Volunteers gain from their experience in many ways, such as the following:
- You have a sense of enriching the lives of children and families.
- You can express your values in activities that are meaningful.
- You will increase your knowledge and learn new skills through networking with other knowledgeable peers.
- You gain an insider’s knowledge of the organization to grow the value of your membership.
- You enhance your career and gain prestige by building relationships with new contacts and old friends.
A Success Story
Norquest LINC Volunteer placement is a great matchup! Welcoming new canadians is a win-win for both Community Options and our volunteers. We are proud to be a partner in this valuable program.